Life in Seussey Second

Soaring to greatness by thinking great thinks!

We Found Golden Tickets!

January27

“But there was one other thing that the grown-ups also knew, and it was this: that however small the chance might be of striking lucky, the chance is there. The chance had to be there.”  ~ Roald Dahl

Seussville Citizens experienced Chocolate Day 2017 today!  Since we had finished reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl, what better way to celebrate then by bringing this book to life.  We started off our morning the luckiest kids ever because we each got a GOLDEN TICKET!  Then it was off to the classroom to sign a very important contract which was our ticket into the chocolate factory.  We practiced writing procedural text by drawing our own version of an everlasting gobstopper followed by, writing the steps on how to draw it.  For added fun, we will be switching our directions with another classmate on Monday.  We learned, how important it is to have clear detailed directions!  We can’t wait to see how our friends will interpret our gobstopper directions.

Next, we taste tested all different kinds of chocolates: white chocolate, dark chocolate, bittersweet chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate and milk chocolate.  After tasting, we used adjectives to describe what they looked, smelled and tasted like.  There was something very familiar about semi-sweet chocolate and something very gross about unsweetened chocolate so be sure to ask your child all about it!  There was even one chocolate that changed flavors as we ate it.  Check out our list of adjectives below

Then we finger painted with chocolate syrup. WE COULD EAT THE PAINT! It was sticky fun and we loved it.

Right before lunch, we got to use a chocolate fountain to dip strawberries, bananas, pretzels and marshmallows.

Finally we ended our day with Fizzy Lifting Drinks (root beer floats) and watched the old movie “Willy Wonka and the Chocolate” Factory.  We practiced our comparing and contrasting skills and were able to find similarities and differences even Mrs. Pitzer didn’t think about.

What a fabulous day of learning and fun! What was your favorite part about chocolate day and why?  Can you tell us in the comment section?  Is there anything you would change or make better for next year?

4 Comments to

“We Found Golden Tickets!”

1. January 28th, 2017 at 5:43 pm      Reply Emersyn Says:

I need to work on the k because I write b on my first couple times

2. January 29th, 2017 at 2:02 pm      Reply Kaitlyn Says:

Wow the f, l,and k are so hard it took me little bit to figure out how to do them. I think I was really good at the i.

3. January 29th, 2017 at 6:44 pm      Reply Madison Says:

I can’t wait to practice more cursive in class. My favorite letter this week is i.

4. January 29th, 2017 at 8:09 pm      Reply Mommy B Says:

The k is kind of like the h and the b.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Categories

Twitter Feed

Archives

Seussville’s Reading Log

Seussville's bookshelf: read

Sideways Stories from Wayside School
Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle
Who Was Dr. Seuss?
Charlotte's Web
Ghosthunters and the Incredibly Revolting Ghost
Little House in the Big Woods
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
Freckle Juice
The Bad Beginning
Ramona Quimby, Age 8
Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing

Seussville's favorite books »

Mrs. Pitzer’s Reading Log

Mrs. Pitzer's bookshelf: currently-reading

The Book Thief
0 of 5 stars
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

Our Visitors!

Skip to toolbar