Life in Seussey Second

Soaring to greatness by thinking great thinks!

How Did Your Family Use Math Tonight?

November2

I have been participating in a breakfast club book study with members of the DGS Staff.  We have been reading and discussing Guided Math by: Laney Sammons.  One of the sections of this books talks about math stretches.  Just like athletes stretch and work out in order to get ready for games, we as mathematicians need to do the same thing.

I thought it would be fun to participate in one of the stretches to show students the connection between math and the real world.  For homework tonight, please have your child click on the blue link below.  This will take you to a Padlet that Mrs. Ellis has created.  Padlet is a website that is like an online cork board.  This particular Padlet, is all about how your family used math at home.  Your child has participated in several Padlets here at school and can teach you how to use it and add items too it.  This will be an excellent opportunity for them to show you what they have learned about using this online tool and get the chance to be a teacher. 🙂 Have them create a box and then type how you used math at home.  Feel free to even add a picture and be as creative as possible.  Can they follow the rules of writing and be a good digital citizen too?

I can’t wait to see what you and your family come up with tonight!

https://padlet.com/mellis8/mjza44y4a5xi 

One Comment to

“How Did Your Family Use Math Tonight?”

1. November 2nd, 2016 at 7:54 pm      Reply Audrey Says:

Yes we did! It was so fun I can’t wait for the new pitzer post.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Categories

Archives

Skip to toolbar